forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Holmo
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Dolby atmos on soundbar problems

I have my TiVo box going to my LG (2020) tv via hdmi cable, my tv arc going to my Samsung hw-n950 sound bar arc. I have picture and sound but no Dolby atmos. 

if I have my TiVo box going to my sound bar hdmi 1, my  sound bar hdmi arc going to tv arc and change source to hdmi 1 on the sound bar then I get no picture but I get Dolby atmos sound

I’m trying to watch BT sports ultimate on virgin while getting Dolby atmos though my sound bar..

I hope I’ve explained thing’s ok,  any tips would would be welcome please.

Many thanks Ben

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Dolby atmos on soundbar problems

Does HDMI-arc support atmos?

What HDMI input on your TV provides arc? Have you switch the TV to use that HDMI input when feeding via the soundbar?

0 Kudos
Holmo
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eeps, the sound bar is Dolby atmos / DTS pro 7.1.4 with x2 hdmi x1 hdmi arc and x1 optical. One of them  support  atmos. I’ve only tried arc to be honest. I’ll try hdmi(not arc) 

I’ve set the tv to the correct sound source.... I’m Gonna play around with it again tonight

0 Kudos
bolgerp
Up to speed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I didn’t think the V6 outputs in Atmos? DD Plus is the “highest” I have seen output, unless I am missing something? I get Atmos through the streaming apps on my Apple TV but the same streaming titles via the V6 only output in DD or DD Plus.  

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure the V6 does Atmos - but BT Ultimate does very little in Atmos.

Everton v Newcastle United yesterday was due to be in Atmos - but not today's programmes.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Holmo
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BT sports ultimate is uhd with atmos apparently.. I originally had my TiVo hdmi into my tv, then arc hdmi from tv to arc on soundbar.. no message on front of soundbar to say atmos is enabled but I had picture and sound.

i then tried TiVo hdmi to hdmi 1 in sound bar then arc hdmi to tv arc (TiVo should then pass through the soundbar to the tv) I then get a message on the front of the soundbar saying atmos is up and running but there’s now no picture on the tv. 

i thought hdcp might be an issue as TiVo and the soundbar are 2.2 and my tv is 2.3 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is Atmos on selected programmes.  I get a schedule with them on.

There are lots on complaints recently in BT forums that Atmos is not present.

The only reference this week was this with nothing for next week:

11:30  Live: Everton v Newcastle United     Everton host Newcastle at Goodison Park in the Premier League. The visitors will be looking to do the double over Everton this season for the first time since the 2001/02 season. [Live] [Widescreen] [4K] [Dolby Atmos] [HDR]

@Holmo wrote:

BT sports ultimate is uhd with atmos apparently.. I originally had my TiVo hdmi into my tv, then arc hdmi from tv to arc on soundbar.. no message on front of soundbar to say atmos is enabled but I had picture and sound.

i then tried TiVo hdmi to hdmi 1 in sound bar then arc hdmi to tv arc (TiVo should then pass through the soundbar to the tv) I then get a message on the front of the soundbar saying atmos is up and running but there’s now no picture on the tv. 

i thought hdcp might be an issue as TiVo and the soundbar are 2.2 and my tv is 2.3 

0 Kudos
Holmo
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I managed to solve the issue, I went into TiVo settings and under video output I selected pass through. (What I didn’t previously do was press the green thumb 3 times to confirm the settings) 🤦‍♂️
i also did a  factory reset on my sound bar, now when I watch atmos film on my Netflix app on my tv, I get a msg across my sound bar saying Dolby atmos enabled.. 

hopefully when there’s atmos content on  bt sorts ultimate next It will work.

Thanks for all your answers anyway guess 🖖

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BT updated their schedules to indicate that both today's Premier League games will be in Atmos.

0 Kudos
Holmo
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Awesome I’ll have a look later and see if it works. I’m not expecting fireworks on the surround sound from a football game but if the ability to listen in Dolby atmos is there then why not use it 

0 Kudos