Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Video Output

Could someone kindly help me in idiot terms about V6 video output. I've read many forums and playing with the settings makes a massive improvement to my picture quality. I have a 65" LG OLED TV and noticed that compared to Sky, some channels appear blurred. Also, when output is set to 2160p, the menu UI text is also less clear.

When selecting some of the other outputs, PQ and UI is noticeably better and more crisp.

What I don't understand, is what settings are best for me... and does an option need to be unticked or ticked to take effect (e.g. if 1080p is ticked, does that mean the V6 is upscaling or my is the TV doing the work?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Video Output

For a 4K tv - I find the best is to set to:  2160p   2160p passthru     1080p

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The easiest way of think about these setting is that they are telling the V6 box what formats your TV can handle.

Since most TVs can handle all formats (and even frame rates other than 50fps) and typically upscaling by the TV is better than the V6 then just select all options.

I've found that passthrough is most useful for Netflix where a lot of content is at a native 24fps. If you don't select that option then the V6 has to insert an extra frame every 25th of a second and you can see the picture visibly stutter. When passthrough is selected and 24fps content is played then the TV display frame rate is lowered to match.

0 Kudos