Menu
Reply
Highlighted
  • 29
  • 0
  • 10
On our wavelength
460 Views
Message 651 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings

Cant do it on the LG magic remote.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.61K
  • 51
  • 374
Problem sorter
452 Views
Message 652 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings


@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Nando010 wrote:

How do you check fps?


Check your TV remote control instructions, there should be a way to get your TV to display the fps input to it. That's how it works with the Panasonic and Samsung TVs I've seen.


I’m not sure Samsung TVs are able to display FPS. Pressing ‘Info’ on the remote only display resolution information - it doesn’t display FPS information.....


My recollection is that presing Home followed by Source will cause the resolution and fps to be displayed for a few seconds.


...sorry, are you saying to press Home and then Info or Home on the V6 remote and then the source button on the TV remote?


All done on the Samsung remote. Haven't you tried it?


Unfortunately I can’t try it on my Samsung remote because my remote is configured to control the V6 box so pressing ‘Info’ just brings up the V6 Info panel (where you can see what channels all the tuners are on) as opposed to the remote showing Info for the TV itself. 

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 5.55K
  • 394
  • 965
Hero
451 Views
Message 653 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings

@Nando010 wrote:

Cant do it on the LG magic remote.

I can't know every remote. With the LG I believe that you have to get the pointer over the source and press the little scroll wheel.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 5.55K
  • 394
  • 965
Hero
445 Views
Message 654 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings


@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Nando010 wrote:

How do you check fps?


Check your TV remote control instructions, there should be a way to get your TV to display the fps input to it. That's how it works with the Panasonic and Samsung TVs I've seen.


I’m not sure Samsung TVs are able to display FPS. Pressing ‘Info’ on the remote only display resolution information - it doesn’t display FPS information.....


My recollection is that presing Home followed by Source will cause the resolution and fps to be displayed for a few seconds.


...sorry, are you saying to press Home and then Info or Home on the V6 remote and then the source button on the TV remote?


All done on the Samsung remote. Haven't you tried it?


Unfortunately I can’t try it on my Samsung remote because my remote is configured to control the V6 box so pressing ‘Info’ just brings up the V6 Info panel (where you can see what channels all the tuners are on) as opposed to the remote showing Info for the TV itself. 


How about pairing the V6 remote with your TV instead.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 29
  • 0
  • 10
On our wavelength
436 Views
Message 655 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings

Just tried remote while watching football like you said and mine is saying 16.9 2160 Dolby audio. Can’t do it with the LG magic remote.

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 51
  • 0
  • 10
Dialled in
434 Views
Message 656 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings

Just a quick question please

If it says content is sped up to 25fps for pal from 23.9-24.9

If I use trumotion on 2 for dejudder for effectively 72hz which would be close to the original speed I guess would it basically remove the additional 5th frame running at 3 times the smoothNess of 24fps ?

I only ask because it seems that dejudder smoothNess on 6 at 96hz could be used for sports and at 10 for 120hz for netflix apps that run at 60fps ect or some tv shows and tv films

0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 2.61K
  • 51
  • 374
Problem sorter
421 Views
Message 657 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings


@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Nando010 wrote:

How do you check fps?


Check your TV remote control instructions, there should be a way to get your TV to display the fps input to it. That's how it works with the Panasonic and Samsung TVs I've seen.


I’m not sure Samsung TVs are able to display FPS. Pressing ‘Info’ on the remote only display resolution information - it doesn’t display FPS information.....


My recollection is that presing Home followed by Source will cause the resolution and fps to be displayed for a few seconds.


...sorry, are you saying to press Home and then Info or Home on the V6 remote and then the source button on the TV remote?


All done on the Samsung remote. Haven't you tried it?


Unfortunately I can’t try it on my Samsung remote because my remote is configured to control the V6 box so pressing ‘Info’ just brings up the V6 Info panel (where you can see what channels all the tuners are on) as opposed to the remote showing Info for the TV itself. 


How about pairing the V6 remote with your TV instead.


Other than these minor quirks, I find it better having the Samsung remote paired to the V6 - that way, it can control all the functions of the TV like the Smart Hub (which the V6 remote probably can’t do as I think it can only control the volume and on/off functions) and also all the features of the V6 ( I can use it to access the Guide, Home menu and My Shows + the coloured button features also. 

__________________________________________________________
Husband, Dad, Gamer, Gadget Lover......
Twitter: @deans6571
0 Kudos
Reply
Highlighted
  • 5.55K
  • 394
  • 965
Hero
417 Views
Message 658 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings


@Psn1976 wrote:

Just a quick question please

If it says content is sped up to 25fps for pal from 23.9-24.9

If I use trumotion on 2 for dejudder for effectively 72hz which would be close to the original speed I guess would it basically remove the additional 5th frame running at 3 times the smoothNess of 24fps ?

I only ask because it seems that dejudder smoothNess on 6 at 96hz could be used for sports and at 10 for 120hz for netflix apps that run at 60fps ect or some tv shows and tv films


I haven't got an LG but here are my thoughts on motion smoothing: if it isn’t good enough for films it’s not good enough for anything else including sport. I think it's best to disable motion smoothing and only enable it if you find it makes a beneficial difference.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Highlighted
  • 5.55K
  • 394
  • 965
Hero
407 Views
Message 659 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings


@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

Unfortunately I can’t try it on my Samsung remote because my remote is configured to control the V6 box so pressing ‘Info’ just brings up the V6 Info panel (where you can see what channels all the tuners are on) as opposed to the remote showing Info for the TV itself. 


How about pairing the V6 remote with your TV instead.


Other than these minor quirks, I find it better having the Samsung remote paired to the V6 - that way, it can control all the functions of the TV like the Smart Hub (which the V6 remote probably can’t do as I think it can only control the volume and on/off functions) and also all the features of the V6 ( I can use it to access the Guide, Home menu and My Shows + the coloured button features also. 


My setup is different in that I've got an AVR which is paired with the V6 remote and thus enables me to do volume changing with the V6, so my TV remote is almost redundant.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Highlighted
  • 51
  • 0
  • 10
Dialled in
403 Views
Message 660 of 660
Flag for a moderator

Re: Video Output Settings

Thanks 2 dejudder works good for my 72hz movies and 6 works for my 96hz  sports and tv

The visual difference at 10 dejudder  makes hd appear closer to uhd when it's set at 120hz 😁 kool for netflix an the youtube tv apps which I was sure are 60fps 👍

0 Kudos
Reply