cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

Cant do it on the LG magic remote.

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Nando010 wrote:

How do you check fps?

Check your TV remote control instructions, there should be a way to get your TV to display the fps input to it. That's how it works with the Panasonic and Samsung TVs I've seen.

I’m not sure Samsung TVs are able to display FPS. Pressing ‘Info’ on the remote only display resolution information - it doesn’t display FPS information.....

My recollection is that presing Home followed by Source will cause the resolution and fps to be displayed for a few seconds.

...sorry, are you saying to press Home and then Info or Home on the V6 remote and then the source button on the TV remote?

All done on the Samsung remote. Haven't you tried it?

Unfortunately I can’t try it on my Samsung remote because my remote is configured to control the V6 box so pressing ‘Info’ just brings up the V6 Info panel (where you can see what channels all the tuners are on) as opposed to the remote showing Info for the TV itself. 

@Nando010 wrote:

Cant do it on the LG magic remote.

I can't know every remote. With the LG I believe that you have to get the pointer over the source and press the little scroll wheel.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Nando010 wrote:

How do you check fps?

Check your TV remote control instructions, there should be a way to get your TV to display the fps input to it. That's how it works with the Panasonic and Samsung TVs I've seen.

I’m not sure Samsung TVs are able to display FPS. Pressing ‘Info’ on the remote only display resolution information - it doesn’t display FPS information.....

My recollection is that presing Home followed by Source will cause the resolution and fps to be displayed for a few seconds.

...sorry, are you saying to press Home and then Info or Home on the V6 remote and then the source button on the TV remote?

Unfortunately I can’t try it on my Samsung remote because my remote is configured to control the V6 box so pressing ‘Info’ just brings up the V6 Info panel (where you can see what channels all the tuners are on) as opposed to the remote showing Info for the TV itself. 

How about pairing the V6 remote with your TV instead.

--

Just tried remote while watching football like you said and mine is saying 16.9 2160 Dolby audio. Can’t do it with the LG magic remote.

Just a quick question please

If it says content is sped up to 25fps for pal from 23.9-24.9

If I use trumotion on 2 for dejudder for effectively 72hz which would be close to the original speed I guess would it basically remove the additional 5th frame running at 3 times the smoothNess of 24fps ?

I only ask because it seems that dejudder smoothNess on 6 at 96hz could be used for sports and at 10 for 120hz for netflix apps that run at 60fps ect or some tv shows and tv films

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@Nando010 wrote:

How do you check fps?

Other than these minor quirks, I find it better having the Samsung remote paired to the V6 - that way, it can control all the functions of the TV like the Smart Hub (which the V6 remote probably can’t do as I think it can only control the volume and on/off functions) and also all the features of the V6 ( I can use it to access the Guide, Home menu and My Shows + the coloured button features also. 

@Psn1976 wrote:

Just a quick question please

If it says content is sped up to 25fps for pal from 23.9-24.9

If I use trumotion on 2 for dejudder for effectively 72hz which would be close to the original speed I guess would it basically remove the additional 5th frame running at 3 times the smoothNess of 24fps ?

I only ask because it seems that dejudder smoothNess on 6 at 96hz could be used for sports and at 10 for 120hz for netflix apps that run at 60fps ect or some tv shows and tv films

I haven't got an LG but here are my thoughts on motion smoothing: if it isn’t good enough for films it’s not good enough for anything else including sport. I think it's best to disable motion smoothing and only enable it if you find it makes a beneficial difference.

--

@deans6571 wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

Other than these minor quirks, I find it better having the Samsung remote paired to the V6 - that way, it can control all the functions of the TV like the Smart Hub (which the V6 remote probably can’t do as I think it can only control the volume and on/off functions) and also all the features of the V6 ( I can use it to access the Guide, Home menu and My Shows + the coloured button features also. 

My setup is different in that I've got an AVR which is paired with the V6 remote and thus enables me to do volume changing with the V6, so my TV remote is almost redundant.

--

Thanks 2 dejudder works good for my 72hz movies and 6 works for my 96hz  sports and tv

The visual difference at 10 dejudder  makes hd appear closer to uhd when it's set at 120hz 😁 kool for netflix an the youtube tv apps which I was sure are 60fps 👍