cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Output Settings

anap
Up to speed

Please could someone tell me if the Video Output Settings have been corrected in the V6. i.e. Do they now work like they are described in the info screen or are they like the TiVo but with extra 2160 settings?

659 REPLIES 659

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

My V6 info, software version 20.9.1.RC2-VMB-11-C68.

20190527_122408_20.jpg

.....my V6 shows 20.8.1.RC11-VMB-11-C68. 

People are saying the exact opposite. The tv can't upscale to 2160p on 1080p content because the V6 shows all 1080p at 2160p.

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

Confirmed.  There's now no way to get UHD unless 2160p is the only option you pick.  Which then means you won't get 1080.

What the hell are you doing Virgin?

.....but if you pick 1080 in the Settings, doesn’t that mean your TV will then scale up to 2160, instead of the V6 (which would probably mean a better picture anyway)?

But then you don't get UHD

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

@crypticc wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

Confirmed.  There's now no way to get UHD unless 2160p is the only option you pick.  Which then means you won't get 1080.

.....but if you pick 1080 in the Settings, doesn’t that mean your TV will then scale up to 2160, instead of the V6 (which would probably mean a better picture anyway)?

...my understanding was (feel free to correct me if I am wrong) that if you select 1080 in the settings, the V6 will give you the 1080 picture and your TV will scale everything which is higher i.e. 2160 / UHD, no?

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

...my understanding was (feel free to correct me if I am wrong) that if you select 1080 in the settings, the V6 will give you the 1080 picture and your TV will scale everything which is higher i.e. 2160 / UHD, no?

Why would you want to scale a native 4k image from 1080? 

@shawty1984 wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

.....I wouldn't, I was merely just asking the question of what would happen if you just select the 1080 option in the V6 settings??!

Stop jumping down my throat everytime I comment on this thread.....

@shawty1984 wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

I don't know why a lot of these recent comments are being made. The whole thread, for years, has been saying the V6 does not give a 1080p picture to allow the superior  TV scaling to 2160p. Its like the years of comments just don't exist and the thread was started three days ago. 

@deans6571 wrote:

@shawty1984 wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

@deans6571 wrote:

@crypticc wrote:

.....I wouldn't, I was merely just asking the question of what would happen if you just select the 1080 option in the V6 settings??!

Stop jumping down my throat everytime I comment on this thread.....

I wasn't jumping down your throat, I was asking a simple question. You quoted someone who said "But then you don't get UHD" to which your reply was "the V6 will give you the 1080 picture and your TV will scale everything which is higher i.e. 2160 / UHD, no?" I was simply asking why you'd want a 4k image to be downscaled to 1080p then for it to be upscaled to 4k.

Nando010
On our wavelength

Can someone please help. I have just come over from sky two weeks and now have the v6. if I watch Netflix Dolby vision and HDR content, Bt sport 4k, normal HD content and the kids watch the Disney Channel which is SD and a terrible picture as they don't do it in HD in 2020, which output setting should be ticked if I want the tv to upscale. I have an Oled C8 65 if that makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you hav e a 4K tv - best ticked settings are all three of  2160,  2160passthru  and 1080p.

@Nando010 wrote:

Can someone please help. I have just come over from sky two weeks and now have the v6. if I watch Netflix Dolby vision and HDR content, Bt sport 4k, normal HD content and the kids watch the Disney Channel which is SD and a terrible picture as they don't do it in HD in 2020, which output setting should be ticked if I want the tv to upscale. I have an Oled C8 65 if that makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5