Menu
Daveycoder
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Very pixelated TV on both V6 boxes for last week

Unfortunately, the website doesn't seem to be working (just a spinning wheel, or 404 page not found) when trying to check status or find a contact number to call. Any chance someone can advise please?

0 Kudos
Daveycoder
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very pixelated TV on both V6 boxes for last week

Have rebooted both boxes, checked cable tightness, etc, with no joy. 😞
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Daveycoder 

Have you tried a different browser to check the service status?

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing is showing there then it may be a signal or cable issue.

Are you having any issues with the internet, or just the two V6 boxes?

Is the pixelation on all channels or just certain ones? Any issues with catch up or demand services?

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults and you hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
Daveycoder
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply - I'll give them a call. There's no issue with the internet or anything else; just massive pixelation on both boxes on all channels!

I've tried the site with Edge and Chrome, both without addons/extensions/plugins, but it seems really, really slow today.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again @Daveycoder 

I've just tried the site using Chrome, Edge and Firefox and it either times out or gives an error message. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daveycoder, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your TV service. When looking into this today I can see an engineer visit was arranged but I'm unsure if that has gone ahead as expected - in case you still need help please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Daveycoder
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Okay, this is now getting a bit ridiculous. We had an engineer out last Saturday (8th) who ended up pulling up a chunk of the street while opening the outside cover (leaving an exposed cover, sticking up around two inches with pointy corners), who said it was a networking issue and they'd be here in a couple of days (by the 12th). No-one has been here, we can't watch any TV, and we have an open/exposed cover in the middle of the road.

I've tried calling back but literally cannot get any kind of answer as to when they're going to come around - I keep getting redirected in circles, or back to the website ("We've sent you a link. Goodbye!"). TBH, I'm not bothered about the TV - I just won't pay - but it's only a matter of time before the cover either starts letting in water or worse.

Can someone please look into this in more detail?
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It'll need VM intervention to check the fault case, but I'll pick up on 2 things...

1: The IVR - when it offers you a link, go online, self-service, whatever - just ignore it and don't press any buttons, this should get you into the call queue.

2: Not paying the bills, that's only going to end one way. Late payment charges, potential suspension of services and eventually implications to your credit file. Really not worth it, unless you don't mind causing the extra hassle. Keep your side of the bargain, even if you don't think VM are keeping theirs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me @Daveycoder.

I have looked into your account and can see an issue with the signal levels going into your TV box that will need a technician visit to resolve.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Daveycoder
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all; @Steven_L I've replied to your e-mail.
0 Kudos