Menu
jfree
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Various issues V6 box

Hi

I have been having various issues with my V6 box over the last month, the problem started with the screen going black when switching between Netflix and live TV the only way to fix it is to turn the TV off and on so that it detects the HDMI input it all works fine as long as I don't switch between live TV and the app

Today when trying to watch catch-up TV the screen went black no audio no picture it will allow you to go as far as pressing play but no image if you press the back button it allows you to navigate normally

Also now when I load the Netflix app the txt is miss aligned, restarting the box fixes it temporarily, I also noticed that as of today prime video also has the black screen issue

I have restarted the box many times changed cables etc nothing seems to resolve the issue

Oh and it randomly shuts itself down every few days

Any Ideas?

Just to note its a smart TV and Netflix/Prime Video play faultlessly

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Various issues V6 box

The box certainly shouldn't be randomly restarting every few days unless there's a fault somewhere.

On the specifics of the black screen, are you watching on a 4K UHD TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jfree
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes its 4k UHD

Its been fine for 10 months no issues at all

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jfree,

The V6 boxes have recently been updated and the boxes may need you to be using a HDMI2.2 compliant cable.

Please try following the help on the following link /virgin-tv-error-codes/604 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disregard the lack of an error code and try https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 

Your V6 shouldn't be rebooting anything more than occasionally.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos