Menu
angiekip
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VIVO BOX NOT WORKING - CONTINUOUS WELCOME PAGE AND STARTING UP THEN NOTHING

Hi am recently new to virgin and have an additional vivo box in my bedroom, it seemed to be working okay, I tried it on the first day of installation and it worked but not used it since.  I have switched it on and all I am getting is the Welcome Page, then starting up, then the screen goes blank, I also get an occasional white arrow downloading symbol and again nothing.  

I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas, checked all the cables, connections, sockets, switched on and off and checked there are no problems with network issues in the area and everything seems okay - it looks like I have a faulty vivo box?? - how do I go about replacing it?

Can you advise - my other vivo box in my living room works fine - all connections look okay and tested a number of times - I am losing the will to live all I want to do is chill and watch television in bed!!  Please help?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: VIVO BOX NOT WORKING - CONTINUOUS WELCOME PAGE AND STARTING UP THEN NOTHING

Hi angiekip,

That sounds like it may be a failed update. I know you said that there are no network issues, but it may be that the box isn't connected to your network.

If it's a V6 box then swap it round with the other box - plug it in there and into the router using the ethernet cable and see if that solves the issue.

If it does you will need to connect it wirelessly to your network in the other room.

The online V6_user_guide.pdf  shows you how to do this, it's  on page 45 in my browser, but the page number in the manual is 41 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
angiekip
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks Dave, I will give it a go many thanks for your help angie 

0 Kudos
angiekip
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have tried that Dave but still no joy.   Getting the starting up and welcome page and nothing else not even the white arrow downloading symbol now.

Any other ideas - many thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In that case, I know you won't want to hear this, but you'll need to call Virgin to report your box fault.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
angiekip
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you so much for getting back ........here goes 

0 Kudos