Menu
Bimbohannah
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V87 error

I keep getting a message on the upstairs box while trying to watch a recording from the box downstairs. 

The connection with the ........... Tivo box has been lost then the code (V87) at the end of the message.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I feel like I have tried everything. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V87 error

It's not one of the common error codes, so "back to basics" theory here....

Are these TiVo or V6? If you're not sure, check here - on the assumption they are V6...

The same STB<----> Hub connection that multiroom streaming uses, is the one used for OnDemand services. Do they work reliably from both boxes?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, the connection status is reported and, on any box that's WiFi connected, the signal strength. What's shown?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bimbohannah
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

It is a V6. 

Signal 92% (excellent)

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The same STB<----> Hub connection that multiroom streaming uses, is the one used for OnDemand services. Do they work reliably from both boxes?

And it's a simple fix, but you've not said, so..... have you tried restarting the boxes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Bimbohannah
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

It is the same STB for both. The main one downstairs is fine but not upstairs. I have reset the boxes and router etc but still keeps happening. Not all the time but a few times a week. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean by "it's the same STB for both" - if you're streaming programmes between 2 boxes then by nature, you have STB1<---->Hub<----> STB2

0 Kudos
Bimbohannah
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Correct STB1 downstairs is all good. STB2 upstairs is the one we are having the issues with.

0 Kudos