Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V87 & V106 errors

Still getting the V106 error telling me my main box isn’t in my Virgin account even though it is my original V6 box. I have been able to live with that because even though the warning message says Your cannot play shows from DVR**** I am in fact able to view recordings on this box as well as our other box.

Just this evening I am getting a V87 error when trying to watch a recording from the main box on the secondary one. I tried other recordings and they appear to play and this particular recording plays perfectly on the original box on which it was recorded. Hub and both boxes rebooted, all cables double checked but the fault still persists. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V87 & V106 errors

Hi Iadom, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry this error has been cropping up for you. 

Can you have a look on this link to see what the error code means please? If the code isn't on the short  or long list, scroll down and click "error code not shown?" It will give you instructions on how to troubleshoot. 

I'll have a look at your services whilst you're doing that. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I have already gone through those steps and read several threads on V87 on the forum without being able to resolve the fault.

Jim.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iadom, 

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm sorry the other forum post did not help resolve things. 

I'm just having a look at your services now, its showing one V6 box is running perfectly fine, however the other is unreachable, which usually means its switched off. Could you check this for me and turn it on if it is off?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, box 660E now turned on. This is our original ‘main’ box that we have had for a good while now. This is also the box that is reported as being ‘not in your account’ for some reason.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for doing that, Iadom. 

This will need a technician to be called out so they can investigate this issue. 

I'll PM you now with the details.

Speak soon!

Megan_L

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iadom, 

I've sent you a PM with all the details and how to reschedule if its not convenient.

Kindest regards,

Megan_L 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That time is fine Megan, thanks for your help thus far.

Jim.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tech called this morning, he was going to fit a booster but I already have one installed on the secondary box. As this box is much closer to the hub than the main box he has swapped the booster to the main box. Even then he had problems getting one recording to stream between boxes but as it only appeared to be one recording and all other recordings tested seemed to work he suggested giving it a couple of weeks to see if the problem occurred again.

Fingers crossed.

Jim.

0 Kudos