Menu
lucyj
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 - unable to access Help & Settings

Hi, I have a new V6 box (replacement for old Tivo) and I can’t sync the new remote with the V6. Everything works on the remote, other than volume control. I have followed instructions, but can’t access the Help menu on screen.

When I try, it displays the ‘One Moment...’ message and then usually goes back to the previous screen.  Occasionally, I get an error message - App temporarily unavailable A01 etc. 

Is this because I haven’t waited the full 48 hours after installation?  (About 20 hrs currently.)

Also, BBC iplayer doesn’t seem to work, but ITV Hub does. Are the two things related?

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - unable to access Help & Settings

A couple of things this could be... firstly if it's a new install, some bits could take a day or so to land, and a restart or two can't hurt, but if you'ved moved from a TiVo, there is a crucial difference...

The V6 doesn't have an inbuilt internet connection like the TiVo, and relies on a connection to your VM homehub for all things online. This can either be (ideally) Ethernet cable, or alternatively a suitably strong and reliable WiFi signal. How is yours connected?

I appreciate you've mentioned the ITV app works which would suggest this is "ok", but worth checking all the same.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, is the place to check. The online status is reported in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lucyj
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 - unable to access Help & Settings

Many thanks for suggestions.  My V6 box is connected with an ethernet cable. I’ve been through the Help/Network connection menus as below, all seems fine.

NetFlix works fine, as does Channel 5 catch up and ITV hub.   BBC iplayer and YouTube, and the Help menus I mentioned before, are the main non-functional ones I’ve found so far.

I did a service status check - no issues. As far as I can tell, all my wires/connections are fine.

Perplexed! 

0 Kudos