Menu
suzi_k79
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 tv box has just died - less than a week old!

We changed our package less than a week ago and upgraded from our 6 year old Tivo box to a new V6 box.
It has been working fine, until today. Although we have noticed it makes a whirring type noise when its on - but we are not sure if they all do or not!?

Today it has shut itself down 5 times, within the space of a few hours, and then switching back on after 5 mins or so, staying on for about 5 mins, and then shutting down again.

The last time, I made a 'fuse blown' type sound as it shut down and it has not switched back on since (over an hour now).

We have followed all the self help advice and checked different plugs and it still doesnt work.

We have tried to contact virgin media in any way we can and just get the 'our call centres are closed' message.

Can anyone help??

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 tv box has just died - less than a week old!

Hi suzi_k79,

Very sorry to see you are having major problems with the new V6 box. It sounds like the hard drive was failing, that in itself is enough to need a replacement, without the added complication of it not turning on now. The call centres close at 9pm.

Sorry to say you will need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues , or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, and to do various tests. Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 tv box has just died - less than a week old!

Some low-level hard drive noise is perfectly normal, but it shouldn't be intrusive. It sounds like something has "blown", and needs replacing. I'm sorry to say, you're going to need to call VM faults again - it may be they closed before you managed to get through tonight.

They reopen at 8am tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos