cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 tv box 'DVR has detected a serious problem'

JamShuttle
Joining in

Hello. Please could someone from the VM team help me? My V6 tv box has spent the last two days endlessly cycling through reboots and displays of the green screen "The DVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it." message.

I let it run for many hours in case it did manage to fix itself but no luck. As I understand from other posts, this suggests the hard drive has failed.

I've tried to contact customer support via WhatsApp but had no response and I don't currently have the time to sit on the phone with customer support. If anyone could help I would be very grateful.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @JamShuttle 😊 Please keep me informed with how this visit goes.

Someone over the age of 18 will need to be present during the visit. Also, if you do need to change the appointment for any reason it can be done via the 'My appointments' section of your online account at least 24 hours before.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JamShuttle 

It's your call. 

If you are prepared to wait a day or two a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Otherwise, you should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (FaultsIt's best to call around 8am when lines are least busy

When through to the Faults option ignore all the verbal options and don't press any buttons and you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JamShuttle 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you've had this error on your V6. It certainly does indicate that the hard drive in the box is faulty. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details to arrange an engineer to replace the box.

Just to let you know also, in doing this all recordings will be lost and can't be switched over to a new box.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @JamShuttle 😊 Please keep me informed with how this visit goes.

Someone over the age of 18 will need to be present during the visit. Also, if you do need to change the appointment for any reason it can be done via the 'My appointments' section of your online account at least 24 hours before.

Regards

Nathan

JamShuttle
Joining in

Thank you for the help @Nathan_B. The visit went perfectly. V6 box was replaced and set up with no issues. The engineer even noticed that one of my ethernet cables was slightly damaged and left me a new one to replace it with.

Thanks for coming back to us JamShuttle and we're glad to hear that your issues have now been fully resolved.

If you do have any further issues, please let us know here on the forums 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L