Menu
Elaintay
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 tivo to tv connection

Had virgin installed a few week ago. It was ok for 2 to 3 days then all of a sudden while watching a program the v6 box keeps losing signal with TV. I've tried a different TV, hdmi, other ports. Still does the same thing. While writing this it went off 6 times. Only goes off for 2 to 3 seconds and comes straight back on but it's annoying. Might as well keep streaming on my phone at least that doesn't go off. Can someone please help me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jamesduffin49
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 tivo to tv connection

If you go into the help menu on your box you can carry out a self diagnose. this will check the box and connections to VM. You can also call VM where by choosing one of the menu options, they will test your connections etc. If a fault is found, it is automatically logged and someone will contact you to discuss this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 tivo to tv connection

Check all your coax connections are in nice and "finger" tight at the V6 (and Hub) and wall box and at any splitters/attenuators/etc and that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing (rabbit chews!). Also check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.
If its all fine then you should call it in as a fault for a technician's visit.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos