Menu
Lw20
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 tivo suddenly not connecting to other box

Until two days ago my v6 boxes could see each other and play recordings. Now they see each other but can't connect, i get a whirling blue wheel followed by an C423 error telling me there's a problem with connection, box is unplugged or i haven't got the box anymore. None of which is applicable.

Boxes haven't been moved.

My wifi is fine, I've run speed test, i've tried switching off and on again both boxes and the hub. I've tried reconnecting them both to virgin media services - no problems there.

Never used ethernet before and all worked fine so i'm not about to start having wires everywhere now.

What is the solution without resorting to ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 suddenly not connecting to other box

Just to clarify and by means of general advice, the V6 runs TiVo software but common parlance is "V6" or "TiVo" not "TiVo V6".

Can both of your V6 use OnDemand services ok? It's the same V6---Hub connection that's used for VOD, as for multi-room streaming.

Following on, what is the WiFi signal strength reported on each box? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right. C423 usually relates to WiFi issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lw20
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks japitts, 

No problem watching On Demand on either of the boxes and wifi signal is good. As you say C423 is normally associated with wifi issues, but that isn't the problem. In the end i rang up, after running tests which found nothing wrong, they sent a signal out to the boxes which overnight has resolved the issue.

I note recently there a fair few posts in forums about this issue, but VM don't seem to have it clocked as an issue. If after doing all the re-boots of boxes and hub doesn't work and wifi is ok, i'd recommend ringing. Might be a lengthy wait, but at least it seems to get it resolved.

Wouldn't it be great if the Tivo software was more intuitive in the help section, instead of signposting you to the website or having to ring, having a way by which the appropriate signal to resolve issues could be sent automatically after a set of diagnostic questions.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lw20,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've been having some problems with your V6 boxes.

I understand that you were able to speak with a member of our customer service team about this, is everything now resolved for you? Please let me know if you still need help with this.

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos