Menu
hansi
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 synch issue

I keep having to reboot my box because the sound is wrong and not in synch with speech. I have checked all my settings and all are correct. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 synch issue

Is this on... live TV? Recorded programmes? OnDemand? Streaming apps?

How is your sound fed from your V6 - are you using any A/V kit via the optical connection? Or just an HDMI direct?

You've mentioned checking "all your settings and all are correct", but not whether you've toggled the Dolby/PCM option - that's the only relevant setting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
hansi
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connection is via hdmi. Problem occurs on live programmes and I have checked sound  on both settings and it's the same. Doesn't happen on Freeview

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So just to clarify - you have a single HDMI connection from V6 to your TV? Next question in that case - what's the make & model of your TV?

You've said it happens on live TV, but not recordings - how about if you pause live TV for a short time and watch it delayed? That's effectively a recording. And is it on any particular channel(s)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
hansi
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's  a Samsung 40" HDR not sure of the model number. Only happens with live tv.

Doesn't happen on delay mode. Getting more frequent now.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The model number would be useful although I don't think it's the issue here.

If this problem only affects live TV, it would be useful to know if any particular channel(s) are affected - and whether it's in HD or SD?

0 Kudos
hansi
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It happens on all channels but once I reboot the box all is OK till the next time.

0 Kudos
hansi
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sound Sync problems (again)

Still having sound synch problems with my V6. I have checked all my sound settings and all are ok It's just that every few days I have to reboot the box and then everything is ok for a few days .Infuriating and annoying.

0 Kudos