Menu
Rylapar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

V6 stuttering on playback of recordings

My V6 box has started to stutter / judder on playback of recordings.

Older recordings are fine, but any recent ones are unwatchable as both sound and vision are stuttering and intermittent.

If anyone can assist or has any views then I would appreciate input.

If this is a hardware issue then I would request that VM looks to replace the box asap as it is vital to us during lockdown.

Many thanks 

Paul

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zoe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 stuttering on playback of recordings

Hello, if you can send me a private message with your account number and are code/postcode and i will look into this for you

To send a PRIVATE MESSAGE please hold over my name until the option send message pops up.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

ChooseSky
Just joined
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's a shame that you can't record on your Virgin TV box. I only have virgin TV because they have BT sports on a good deal, everything else I watch on Sky.

I'm probably going to cancel my TV package because for me its completely pointless if I can't watch my recordings. 

I wish they would tell you before you sign up that the recordings are absolutely unwatchable, why advertise this service if you can't provide it?

If you do a google search you find that they have had issues for years with playback on recordings. Just bite the bullet and get a Sky package.

0 Kudos
Rylapar
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have replaced the bix and all is now well.

I have had a couple of issues during lockdown and they have been great resolving them.

Thank you for your input.

Bendos70
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am also having this issue, anything recorded prior to Monday is perfectly ok. Anything recent is stuttering and I get the same when rewinding when watching a programme. I have reset my tivo box, turning off the box for a minute.

0 Kudos
oynsy1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, my box is stuttering on playing recordings also, tried reboot twice, not working please help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Rylapar
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If you have rebooted and is still happening then speak to Virgin as your hard drive may have gone and box may need complete replacement. 

They were great with my problem and had a replacement in a matter of days.

oynsy1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oynsy1, 

Thanks for your post 🙂 I am sorry you are having issues with your boxes, is this happening on all recordings or certain ones? Are your channels viewing live affected? 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
oynsy1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it's not all recordings and live TV is unaffected 

0 Kudos