Menu
NewExcelsior
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 sound output is quiet

I have had this issue for sometime but only now have decided to try and find a fix. Basically, the sound output through my TV is quiet, doesn't matter which channel, but is particularly noticeable on SD channels.

The box is plugged directly into the tv, NO sound bar, just the standard HDMI cable directly into the HDMI port on the tv. I have swapped the HDMI cable but the sound remains relatively quiet. I have changed sound settings in V6 from PCM to Dolby Digital which made a slight difference on HD channels but still remains an issue with SD. I am having to put the volume up to 40+ to hear the channels properly.

I also have a Sky Q box which presents none of these issues, the volume at 20 is incredibly loud. I am in contract till April 2021 and would love to recontract given all I would miss on Sky is Atlantic. If this problem persists, sadly, I may have to leave Virgin Media and go with Sky, which is far from ideal, I appreciate any help with this issue. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 sound output is quiet

SD channels are quieter than HD.. but what's your model of TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos