Menu
TomP2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 replacement needed

How can we get a replacement V6 box? Using the telephone service just tells me that they'll run checks on everything which may interrupt services (not great when we're working from home & homeschooling!). Cannot find a way of reporting the fault online. 

The problem we've got is that it's constantly dropping the WiFi connection and as a result on-demand services are not available. For the last 6 months we're having to turn to reboot it every few days. 

We've had the box for 4 years and I suspect it's coming to the end of its useful life. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 replacement needed

Out of interest, what makes you so certain it's your V6 that's the issue, and not your WiFi router/broadband?

It may be, it may not be - and there's a few things we can try on your V6 to check... but I'm curious on your diagnostics first 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TomP2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It drops connection when the hub is working fine. All other devices remain connected when the V6 box reports a problem.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Fair enough. I wouldn't say 4 years is necessarily "old", but all the same.

You will need to call VM to report your fault, there's no online fault logging as such.

Perhaps try calling first thing before all your kit is powered up and running. 150 opens at 8am.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TomP2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I'll give it a go.
0 Kudos