Menu
joeclare
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote

I’ve paired my V6 remote (confirmed in Devices). Tried Help &Settings, Help but no option to Program Your Remote. All buttons ok except Mute and Volume. Batteries ok? What do I need to do?

Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote

Hi joeclare,

this is the sequence of key strokes you need

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin TV >  8th option going down Program your Remote >  Program your Remote > Yes, set up my VM TV remote now

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
joeclare
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks but there is no option for this. Press HELP & SETTINGS then HELP and just goes back to same screen as when pressed HELP?

Am I being dim?

Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

You should see the following two screens. Either click OK on Help(in red in the screen shot) or use the right arrow to highlight it

a.jpg

It then takes you to following screen

b.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
joeclare
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Yes got the first screen but when press HELP on top of right hand list then says one moment waiting then returns to same screen! 

cheers

Joe

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,

I'm just wondering of your box isn't fully connected to the internet which could be why you can't access the same screens.

Is your program guide populated or is there a lot of To Be Announced showing?

Is the box connected by wifi or are you using an ethernet cable?  Ethernet gives a better internet connection.

I'm not sure if the box needs the internet to show those other options for the remote.

If you can try Help & Settings> Settings> Network>Connect to the Virgin Media Service now it might fix the issue of you not seeing the same screens to connect the remote

Otherwise I would try and unpair the remote and start again.

Dave

0 Kudos