Menu
Brizza1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote

My V6 remote is, completely dead. Tried 3 times to get through to order a new one but the queues are relentless. Is there any other way to order a replacement? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote

Hi Brizza1,

sorry to hear of your remote control issues.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

If you do decide to phone again then you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150, but try and phone first thing around 8am when lines are less busy

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Brizza1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote

Hi, 

I posted yesterday asking about a replacement V6 remote. I called the TV faults option, it was fully automated they ran an equipment test, when it was OK they referred me to the website and the call was ended.

I tried the text option, went through a mountain of information to be told they're busy, try the website. 

I just need a remote control, I'm paying for the equipment it should be useable. Contacting someone for something so simple shouldn't require this much time and effort

newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brizza1,

Sorry to see you are having problems ordering a replacement remote. Both options you tried usually work.

If you hang fire here a member of Forum Staff may pick this up for you and order a replacement, but it may take a day or two.

In the meantime I suggest that you download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When phoning, if the test finds no fault, you need to call again within 10 minutes to be put through to talk to someone.

newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reminder Cueball99, I'd forgotten about that workaround

Dave

0 Kudos
Brizza1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I've known anything like it. 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Brizza1 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brizza1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great advice, will remember that in future and make sure I'm more clued up on the rules of the forum. Thanks for merging the thread, must've been very annoying for everyone. 

0 Kudos