Menu
Lozza150
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote wont connect to tv

Hi i cant get my v6 remote to work with the tv. I go throuh the steps and it turns the tv off but wont turn it back on again so i have to use my old remote. It is and old panasonic TH-37PE50B without hd (about 12 years old!). Is it too old to pair up?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote wont connect to tv

Hi Lozza150

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your remote with your TV.

The process of setting up the remote should the same as the TiVo box, which you can find more information on [here], I'd recommend resetting the remote to try again as that should help.

We'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sandraarcher
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My remote won't connect to the TV either. I am having exactly the same problem. I go through the set up and it turns TV off but that is it, won't turn it on again! I have tried resetting it and still no luck. My old TiVo remote worked fine.
0 Kudos
VM001
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar problem.  I managed to resolve it by unpairing the remote from the Tivo.  I then followed the steps to pair the remote with the TV, and this time it worked.  I then paired the remote with the Tivo again, and hey presto, it now works correctly with the TV and the Tivo.

0 Kudos
jemsy14
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem pairing my virgin tv remote with my e-motion tv.

How did you unpair the remote first?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rebecca_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jemsy14, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble pairing your remote. 

You can find all of the information on how to reset the remote {here}. The link will also have the codes specific to e-motion TV's, so it may be worth taking a look at that if you're still unable to pair it using the 0999 code. Let me know how that goes. 

Speak soon 

Rebecca 

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
progers
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You do have to hold the power button for about 5secs for it to switch on

VM Services: Broadband 100 with SH3 in modem mode ~ TV M+, V6 box ~ Phone XL
0 Kudos