Sorry to hear that this is still not resolved for you.
Does the light flash red at all or is there no lights at all when you hold clear & TV?
Might be worth checking that your remote is paired correctly.
1. On the front of your Virgin TV V6 Press and hold the Channel Plus button until you hear a bleeping sound coming from the remote control. That sound confirms the V6 is paired.
2. If you hear nothing, but have more than 1 Virgin TV V6 in the property then try the same process on the other V6 in case the remote has been paired to it.
Getting your Virgin TV V6 STB into pairing mode
1. Press the Channel minus button on the front of your Virgin TV V6 box for 10 seconds
2. The Power light will go Off and On. After the light comes back on the V6, it will be ready to pair with the remote control
Pairing Mode remains active on the Virgin TV V6 for 5 minutes allowing you to try the remote instructions again if unsuccessful on the first attempt.
Getting the Remote into Pairing Mode
1. Hold the Info button down on the remote for 7 seconds until the light on the top of the remote goes green
2. Press any key on the remote and if pairing is successful you will see the light flash GREEN Twice
To confirm if pairing was successful Press and hold the channel plus button on the front of your Virgin TV V6 until you hear a bleeping sound coming from the remote control.
If it will not pair with the box at all after this then we can arrange a replacement control for you, just let me know how it goes.