Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote not pairing

Hi,

My remote suddenly stopped working in RF mode yesterday. I now have to have the door open where my box is, when I never used to. The remote showed as paired, so I unpaired it and follow the instructions to pair it again. It’s still not working and no green lights show on the remove, only red.

I have powered down the box and tried all the steps again, still nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this and can advise on how to fix it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote not pairing

Hello

Can you go ahead and reset the remote by -

To clear your changes and reset your Virgin TV remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down Clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
  2. Press Thumbs Down three times, then press OK
  3. The LED will flash green twice and exit programming mode

And then try and repair the remote.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Mike, but I’ve already tried this and still nothing 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jonny_L87, sorry to hear that you're having issues with your remote, please can you try to re-pair the remote using the instructions below

1. Hold the minus button on the front of your V6 box down for 10 seconds.
  2. The white power light on your box will go off as you’re holding the button, once the power light comes back on your box is ready for paring.
  3. Now hold the Info button on your remote down for 7 seconds. The light on your remote should flash green twice.
  4. Confirm the paring by holding the plus button on the front of your V6 box down until the remote starts beeping. Your remote and V6 box should now be paired.

If this doesnt work, please use the link below,which will run through a flow and ask questions about the issues you're having https://virg.in/remotehelp.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It takes more power to transmit the RF control than it does the IR, so losing RF can be a symptom of old batteries (or rechargeable ones that don't tend to provide as much juice).

Have you tried putting new batteries in the remote (sorry if you have, but it wasn't mentioned in this thread).

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos