Menu
franko57
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

V6 remote AV codes not accepted.

I follow the proceedure....   CLEAR + VOL UP....   wait for double green flash...  type first digit of code which is always a 1 and immediately get a red flash...   same for remaining digits. Tried this many times, fast and slow. Tried resetting the remote.....   same result. I'm using the codes from your list.....  why are they not accepted? The equipment is less than one week old......   it should work surely. Can anyone help please.

0 Kudos
keithse
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 remote AV codes not accepted.

It's a long time since I had to do this, but I think it may need to have a TV code setup on it first, then the AV code.

If you don;t have a TV the V6/TiVo can control then I guess any code from the TV lists (e.g. 1001) would work for your purposes prior to then setting up the AV code.

(to set the TV remote codes hold Clear and TV on the remote until the light flashes green twice, then enter the 4-digit TV code)

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
franko57
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I did put the TV code in first and got the VOL and MUTE functions working on the TV. I thought the problem might be that I shouldn't have done that so I reset the remote and tried again.....   same result. I was surprised to find that when I reset the remote, the TV vol/mute still worked like it didn't get reset, despite the rest of the remote not working until I re-paired it. ( to use a confusing term! ) Do I need to declare the remote faulty and get a new one sent? Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Franko57 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've already been through our remote help page

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
franko57
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

yes, I've been through the remote help page. I've reset the remote and paired it with the V6 box again. Everything is working fine except for the AV remote code entry system. The remote will not allow me to enter the code from the list you provide. I'm stuck! Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that with us.

Has this remote control previously worked with the TV? What TV make is it that you have? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
franko57
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it works with the TV which is a Samsung Smart 65" about 2 or 3 years old. I followed the instructions for TV control and entered the code 0365 which was accepted fine. I have control of VOL and MUTE.

The problem is with AV programming section. I'm trying to get the remote to control a brand new JVC Soundbar. I've tried the AV procedure both with and without the TV programmed first....   neither works. When I try to enter the code I get a red flash as soon as I enter the first digit and with all subsequent digits. If you look at the Virgin " AUDIO REMOTE CODE LIST " you see that all codes start with a 1 and I get the red flash as soon as I press this digit! Hope this is clear.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi franko57,

Thank you for the update, sounds like our remote is not compatible with the sound bar, have you tried the manufacturer for any help?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
keithse
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No @Paul_DN I don't think that's what it sounds like at all!

It is not that @franko57 can't find a remote code to work with his particular Soundbar, it's that he can't get any code programmed into his remote into the first place!

I know you did say before frank, bit it's definitely doing the two green flashes to confirm it is in programming mode isn't it ?  (I can't remember if that's done by holding CLEAR and VOL-UP or by holding CLEAR and VOL-DOWN together).

The reason I ask is that the red light on the remote whenever a key is pressed might mean it is in normal V6/TV controlling mode rather than in programming mode.

This could mean the remote is faulty if it won't switch modes - although, I should just double-check you've tried new batteries in the remote just in case!?

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi franko57,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry if there is any confusion from my part, can I ask does the remote work for both the tv and controlling the V6, apart from the issue controlling the sound bar.

regards

Paul.

0 Kudos