Menu
jbid9020
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 recordings stop start on playback

When playback recordings on a V6 box the, the recording pixilated and stop starts. I have reset the box reset the hub and checked the leads, but the problem persists. Virgin media have advised all OK there end. Other posts suggest the v6 hard drive may be failing, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 recordings stop start on playback

If this is only affecting recordings, then your hub is immaterial - it just provides an internet connection, but all the same.

Do you have any problems with live TV channels? Check them - if you do, there's an issue with your live TV feed. If not, try pausing the live channel for perhaps 30seconds and watch it delayed. That's using the hard drive exactly the same as recordings do.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbid9020
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help, live TV channels are ok, its just the recordings, I have tried watching delayed however it has made no difference. I have had the V6 some time however this is has only started to happed in the last 2 - 3 weeks.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@jbid9020 wrote:

Thanks for your help, live TV channels are ok, its just the recordings, I have tried watching delayed however it has made no difference. I have had the V6 some time

Can you explain what you mean by "it has made no difference"?

If delayed TV is affected, then it would suggest problems with your hard drive as both recordings & paused TV both use it.

If delayed TV is fine, then it would suggest a problem with the broadcast channel at the time the recording is being made, and that problem has just been recorded.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
jbid9020
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts, when playing back delayed the recordings remain stop start and pixilated there is no change. Cheers John

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On the basis that live TV is ok, that sounds like hard drive issues.

You can either call in to report the fault, or wait here for VM staff to respond - most likely that's 24-48 hours.

jbid9020
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello jbid9020

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to the recordings issues with your V6, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

As japitts has advised if the Live TV function works without issue and this is just when viewing recordings it sounds like there may be an issue with the Hard Drive in the V6. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to arrange a technician visit.

Looking forward to hearing back from you to get this resolved.

Rob

0 Kudos