cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 recordings garbled/breaking up, but live tv signal clean and clear

musicpete
Tuning in

Hi,

Any recordings I make on my V6 box (for the past few weeks) are garbled with picture breaking up and audio drop outs. Live viewing of the same channels gives a clean clear picture, though if I pause live tv and resume then I get the same picture and audio issues. Have tried restarting the box and clearing out old deleted recordings but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@musicpete wrote:

Live viewing of the same channels gives a clean clear picture, though if I pause live tv and resume then I get the same picture and audio issues.

Pausing live TV is effectively a recording and uses your HDD in the same way.

You've perfectly described a V6 with early-onset hard drive failure which will, sooner or later, need replacing.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone, or wait here for a few days for staff to answer.

Your recordings & series links can't be transferred to a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@musicpete wrote:

Live viewing of the same channels gives a clean clear picture, though if I pause live tv and resume then I get the same picture and audio issues.

Pausing live TV is effectively a recording and uses your HDD in the same way.

You've perfectly described a V6 with early-onset hard drive failure which will, sooner or later, need replacing.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone, or wait here for a few days for staff to answer.

Your recordings & series links can't be transferred to a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums, Peter,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your V6. Have you been able to get this sorted since your post? If not, then let us know so we can get someone sent out.

Cheers,

Corey C