Menu
Lindajane59
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 recirding

My V6 box isn't recording correctly.  When I record some thing and play it back its jumping and freezing all the way through.

Very annoying.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 recirding

Can you view live TV on? If so, try pausing a live programme for 30 seconds and watch delayed - is this ok or problematic?

You could have hard drive problems (which will meet a box replacement), this test will prove either way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lindajane59
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ive tried that and it seems fine.  But I'm still having issues with some recordings.  Ive also had issues lately when watching on catch up, the programme stops, I get a message saying there is something wrong with my wifi and if I try to go back into the series I can no longer see it.  Also the box sometimes resets back to the welcome screen. My wifi is fine though, no problems with it.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can check the strength of the WiFi connection between your V6 and home-hub by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and looking in the top-right.

Any errors on VOD should have a code or number associated with them, which often pinpoint the cause of the fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindajane59. 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with some of your recordings. 

I have taken a look at your box stats and can see the signal levels are not quite right. I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindajane59, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message so quickly. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lindajane59
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath

Much appreciated.

Linda 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all Lindajane59. 

If you have any further issues after the appointment, pop back here to let us know so we can look further into things for you. 

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos