Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 random reboots

Our V6 box seems to have started randomly rebooting. Wondered if there is a firmware update being pushed out at the moment or if anyone else experiencing this? Pretty annoying as it either cuts off the program we are watching on it or it changes the TV from terrestrial to AV and the welcome page

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 random reboots

Hi this is not normal and even during updates this shouldn't  happen you have a faulty box, I'm assuming you have gone down the simple rebooting check cables are tight and pushed in fully in route. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, tried off/on at the socket and all cables tight

Would try the VM website self diagnostic test but as per usual it isnt working

Looks like a I need to try and build myself up to calling them

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could try a reset if you havent already?
You will lose all recorded programmes, settings, etc., but it "might" solve the problem ?

Turn the V6 off with the " rocker "switch at the back of the box unplug for 5 minutes. Plug it in again. Then, hold the + and standby buttons (on the front of the V6) together simultaneously and then turn the box on with rocker switch, keep the buttons pressed, and wait till you see the welcome screen appear on the TV - then release the buttons.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos