cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 problems since installing Hub4

jackson_04
On our wavelength

Hi, I have been having problems with the TV V6 box connecting to wifi since installing the virginmedia Hub4.

It was fine for the first few weeks but now keep getting problems with connection and problems watching any streaming services. Have tried unplugging the V6 box and the Hub4 and restarting. This works initially then the problem reoccurs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two ways you can come at this.

1: Do other wireless devices have similar problems, especially in the same location as the V6?

2: When the V6 has a problem with wireless connectivity, what does the Network Connections screen report in the top-right? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

I'm presuming that connecting the V6 using a recommended Ethernet cable is not practical?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for replying japitts.

Other devices connect fine and you're right, i am unable to connect v6 box using ethernet as the hub is upstairs.

Network Name is correct.  Signal: none and IP addr:  need from DHCP.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Display of the network name is proof that the V6 sees the router, display of signal=none would suggest otherwise, and possibly be a pointer towards a wireless fault. DHCP=none would normally mean the wireless connection to router is present, but onward connection to internet is missing.

I use my SH in modem mode with my own router so am not qualified to advise on the SH settings, but if you're able to split the SSID or enable guest mode (can't recall if the SH has this), that would be a good test.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Your box must have an IP address like 192.168.0.x. If you cannot get a good WiFi connection a powerline adapter might be a solution.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection