Menu
KateMac78
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 problems and remote

Hi. Had V6 installed at Easter and never had so many problems! Firstly every two weeks box would disconnect from the network then it went to every single week. Only way to solve was to constantly turn WiFi on and off and after about an hour and a half of doing that it would connect again. The last time it happened I tried to fix Ethernet cable but no joy so I connected the box straight to WiFi and that fixed it. However, my remote control app no longer picks up my box and says no network even though it’s clearly connected. Won’t let me rescan either. Plus, remote control. Aargh! So temperamental. Despite brand new batteries it doesn’t always work and it’s frustrating. Is the V6 just flawed? Thanks! Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 problems and remote

Hi KateMac78,

Have you tried resetting the remote and then pairing it with the box again? using-tv-remote 

To clear your changes and reset your Virgin TV remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down Clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
  2. Press Thumbs Down three times, then press OK
  3. The LED will flash green twice and exit programming mode
Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KateMac78
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks so much! I’ve done that and it seems to be okay so I’ll know what to do in the future. Thanks again for replying, really do appreciate it.

Have a great evening 🙂

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the update. I'm pleased it's all working OK now.

If you do get any further problems with the remote and need to order a new one then follow this route.

Choose the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also download the TV Control app and use that as an additional/replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KateMac78
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much Dave. Enjoy your Sunday 🙂

0 Kudos