Menu
clink1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 problem

V6 box froze a couple of weeks ago. I managed to get it started by doing a reset. I lost all my recorded programs 😔. The same thing has happened again tonight but the reset doesn’t work. It has a flashing amber light and an arrow pointing down on the screen. It then goes through the start up process and just loops back to the flashing amber light. 

I have tried phoning support but get fobbed off with a text message to a faults page on the web with no chance of speaking to anybody.

This needs to be sorted ASAP especially as Christmas is coming up and the kids are off school.

0 Kudos
clink1971
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 problem

Update......

Box has restarted this morning. All recordings gone again! Tried to ring support but unable to get through to anybody. Any other way of contacting support? I don't have time to be on the phone for 2 hours plus!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@clink1971 wrote:

I have tried phoning support but get fobbed off with a text message to a faults page on the web with no chance of speaking to anybody.

The IVR will try baiting you away from queuing, by offering online links & text message options.

You need to ignore these options and don't press any buttons. Just wait on the line and you'll be put into the queue for a faults agent.

You can try using the text message service (07533 051809) but that can take a day or so to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

clink1971
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I will give the text message service a try.
0 Kudos