Menu
folpz
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 powers off by itself, no restart, no lights

Hi, 

Had my v6 about 3 months now and I'm still getting this problem. I might only watch something from the v6 every other day or so but I leave it on standby to record. I find if I don't wake the v6 out of standby for a while the light goes out completely. I thought it was some energy saving feature but no, it's totally off, nothing recorded. No connection problems, if I switch the mains on and off I get the welcome screen again.

When I first got the v6 it did this even after a few minutes of not watching, I thought this was just teething problems but it's still happening.

Any ideas? Have I got a duff box?

Thanks!

Greg

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 powers off by itself, no restart, no lights

It could be a connection issue between the V6 box and your super hub.

The welcome screen suggests that there is a connection issue, are you using a CAT 5 cable or WiFi connection?

The V6 box requires an internet connection to function correctly

The simplest and quickest possible solution is to switch off and back on your super hub and then do the same with you V6 box. Check that all the cables are fully in and if none of this works phone the help line and request an engineers visit.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 powers off by itself, no restart, no lights

Hi folpz,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6 box.

It certainly sounds like it might be a faulty box. I'd like to send a technician to check it out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos