cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 pixelated replay

Mike98
Joining in

My V6 box is highly pixelated and jerky when replaying recorded material. Tried switch on/off, leads etc but no change

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Mike98 

Does this only happen on certain channels or all channels? Do the live channels for these pixelated recordings also suffer from the same symptons?

If so that may be due to a signal error. Check all your connections, especially the white coaxial are firm and tight and free from kinks.

What happens if you pause live TV for a few minutes and then play it back?

If that is also pixelating and jerky then it looks like you have a hard drive problem and the box will need replacing.

If no better after double checking the cabling, or if pausing the live TV gives the same results then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mike98, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your V6 picture being pixelated on recorded programmes recently. 

Taking a look at things here, I can see we've been able to get an engineer to attend to resolve things. 

Please keep us posted on how this visit went and if you have any further queries - you know where we are. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Great advice, engineer attended, new box and all working perfect! Thank you.

Hi Mike98,

Thanks so much for the update! We're really pleased to hear it's all working fine now for you.

Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend 🐇

Beth