Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 picture quality is very poor

Hi,

I have now been with virgin for 8 months on the ultimate oomph package which I think is very good but I really struggle to understand why virgin are adamant to stream out bad quality HD pic I can live with poor standard definition content. The HD channels are awfull just over £1500 on 4k TV which is excellent with every other source and app. 

I used to virgin before the V6 boxes and the HD pic used to be excellent. So gutted as was expecting so much more.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fix for terrible HD?

I agree terrible for HD especially the sky sports channels BT 4k is excellent so can't be settings on V6 or TV settings.

There shouldn't be that much difference between them. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 picture quality is very poor

Virgin are not streaming bad quality HD as you describe, but there may be a problem with your video output settings - especially if you're using a 4K UHD TV, there is no one setting that suits every individual setup.

Many people get better pictures by letting the V6 output everything at 1080 and letting their TV upscale to 2160, others find the V6 is better at having a 2160 output. What's your specific setup - the make/model of your TV? And your video output settings? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video

You've not mentioned whether you've tried another (high-speed) HDMI cable and/or other HDMI slot on your TV, either?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 picture quality is very poor

I have Sony kd65xh95 I have tried multiple out puts have now have stuck to 1080i and 2160 &2160 pass through which works best for me as all virgin HD channels are broadcast 1080i.

I have tried the 1080p and 2160 but not any better 

I have found this the best settings I am saying that with the bigger screen you can notice the quality difference as anything I else I watch from any other app from the TV don't use any apps on V6. The difference is massive also the 4k channel is crystal clear how I remember HD channels being. I did upgrade from Samsung ue40D7000 and viewing distance is 8.5ft

Tags (2)
0 Kudos