Menu
Jedi41
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 output !

Hi - HELP - Techno phobe alert !

So i am about to upgrade from the old 3 channel tivo to the V6. On the old tivo i connect the HDMI output to my Home Cinema Receiver. BUT if i just want to watch programmes on the tv without using home cinema or for streaming content then i switch 'source' on the tv to the scart connection from the tivo box.

My tv is Samsung UE48H6400AK 

My Receiver is Denon AVR 1610

HOW WILL I ACHIEVE THIS USING NEW V6 BOX

THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ADVISE 

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 output !

On my Denon (AVR-X6400H) amp there is an option to select the audio output to use the amp's speakers or the TV, obviously it means the amp has to be on but its speakers aren't used. I would assume your amp will have a similar option. I use this as I have two TVs connected to the amp, one in the bedroom, so obviously want the sound coming from the TV not the speakers downstairs.

Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many AVRs can be configured for HDMI pass-through so that audio is passed through to the TV with the AVR in standby mode. However I believe that your Denon does not support HDCP 2.2 so it will not work if you connect it to the V6. Until you replace it with an HDCP 2.2 compliant AVR I recommend connecting the TV directly to the V6 and the Denon to the V6's digital audio port with a TOSLINK cable, and turning off the Denon when you want only audio from the TV's speakers.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Jedi41
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PHEW, Finally got there after hrs of head scratching, & 100's of wire/cable connects/disconnects, manual reading, menu exploration & enough stress to warrant a sick note ! I tried something similar to your suggestion B4, but lost pics &/or sound from blueray & TV.

So now i have V6 to TV, and digital optical (Toslink ? ) from TV to Denon AND ALLOCATED THIS INPUT ON DENON MENU SCREEN, (against TV source) ON TV B4 I SWITCHED V6 HDMI, as then i cud still see Denon menu properly.

Also previously i kept going to SAT source on Denon instead of TV source as i was getting in a pickle  !

Blue Ray goes to Denon 1st & then to TV AND EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT as i want when i want,....Now about front height, centre surround, & pre-outs etc..., only kidding,  THANKYOU 4 YR HELP, Cheers from Paul in Bristol England 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you getting 5.1 from the TV to the Denon? I ask as some TVs do a conversion to stereo, if this is the case you need to connect the Denon directly to the V6 by TOSLINK.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Jedi41
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, dont you mean if yr not getting 5.1 from the tv to the Denon ? Anyway, i tried yr suggestion 1st & couldn't get it all working, (no sound if im remembering correctly) but it was thanks to yr sug'n that i had another go my way round as i was able to work out how to allocate the digital audio input on Denon menu screen while it was displayed on tv screen b4 disconnecting hdmi from V6 to Denon. 

SOMETIMES IT DEFAULTS TO STEREO, (front spkrs only) but i only have to press 'Cinema' on Denon remote for it to decode & output the audio via all spkrs & Denon Amp display shows various soundfield settings PLII, or a few others i cant remember exactly wot

Now i was just lying in bed & thought, i wonder if streaming will now be watchable/audible thtough amp also, if thats the only audio source on tv spkrs when I'm streaming, AND SURE ENOUGH THAT WORKS ASWELL, SO NOW I CAN HAVE EVERYTHING EITHER THROUGH THE AMP & 5.1 set up or just through tv.

This is far better than i cud have hoped for  as i thought i wud need a new modern amp to process streaming content through 5.1 spkrs, aswell as "HDMI" pass.

O&O, From very happy bunny in Bristol

0 Kudos