Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 orange light

Hello there, I hope someone can help. For the last couple of weeks my v6 has an orange light on it and now picture goes through to the TV, before the picture stopped going through it gave a software error message. Something like downrev software error. It then said update failed. I left the box powered off a few days and tried it again but now no picture shows at all. Just boots with an orange light

I have tried rebooting with and without an ether net cable (even though its not required for a v6) as I have read that sometimes this can help the update

I have tried to resolve the issue with webchat but the delays make it impossible. I post my issue and they reply several hours later asking if I'm at home. Then hours between replies.

I hope someone can help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 orange light

Hi Azamatt345,

An orange, or amber  light to the left of the Virgin Media logo (solid or blinking) means you don’t have full network connectivity.

To ensure your V6 is connected to the hub  go into Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect To The Virgin Media Service.

Make sure the test doesn't fail.

After it has completed the test, perform a restart by going Help & Settings > Clear or Restart TiVo Box > Restart. 

You could also try setting up a wifi connection, but ensure that you remove the ethernet cable from the back of the V6 box

If that all fails then you either need to wait for a Forum Staff member to pick up your post or contact VM TV Faults

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's not blinking, it's constant and as per my post there is now no signal being pushed from the v6 to the TV, so i cannot go through the screen diagnostics. I'll wait for a response from the tech team on here 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Azamatt345,

In that case I strongly advise you to call up and speak to TV Faults. 

It can take froma  couple of days, up to a week waiting here for a member of the VM Forum Team  to pick up your post.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos