Menu
Bhoumeek
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 not connecting to wifi

Hello,

I am trying to connect my V6 box to my google WiFi accessory point but it cannot find the network at all.

It was working fine when the hub was in router mode now it is in modem mode it cannot find the WiFi which is via good WiFi points. Plus the two icons on the front of the box are solid red. The arrows and WiFi icons. Have tried to reset the v6 box but still no luck.
Please help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 not connecting to wifi

Try this.
Switch all the equipment of and unplug from the mains for 5'. Restart the Hub and your Google boxes wait until they boot up and you can test and show its connecting devices fine on wifi. Then start up the V6 and it should present you with the wifi network options - select the one you want and with the password it should now connect.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bhoumeek
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I tried doing that but still no luck.

What I see though are 2 blank networks without any names associated with them. I tried connecting to them with the password but no luck.

I tried entering the network details manually but it does not connect to it as well.

IMG_3666.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What model of Hub do you have ? What wifi networks are your other devices connecting too ? Are you saying that a V6 cannot see the same networks?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bhoumeek
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have the latest hub 3.0 me thinks.

all other devices in my house are connected to the my home network without issues via the google WiFi. This TiVo box cannot see the network at all.

i have about 20 plus devices connected wirelessly to the WiFi point.

thank you.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not sure... is it a brand new V6 that you are self-installing or has it been connected (OK) before ?
If new - have you called in to activate it?

in the meantime... can you connect the V6 by a run of Cat5e/6 ethernet cable - even only if temporarily - restart it again and check it is connecting ok that way.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Bhoumeek
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It is a new box (New install in June 2019) but it was connected to my hub earlier but now that I had got Google wifi, I had to switch my hub to modem mode and now it is not connecting at all.

I can't even get the home screen. I should at least view the channels I have. It just doesn't allow me to surf anything else just restarts at the network setting page.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Bhoumeek wrote:

I can't even get the home screen. I should at least view the channels I have. It just doesn't allow me to surf anything else just restarts at the network setting page.

No you won't be able to view the channels. The first thing the box does when you reboot is to check it is authorised (hence no need for viewing cards as per the old boxes). The box cannot check it is authorised if it cannot connect to Virgins servers.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Bhoumeek
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The box is about 10-12 m away from the router hence difficult for me a get a ethernet cable so long as well.
0 Kudos
Bhoumeek
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I switched the hub from Modem mode to router mode and the Tivo box could see the wifi and connect to the services, but when I moved the Hub back to Modem mode the Tivo box has stopped loading channels.

The box can see all other networks but cannot see the my internet network.

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Kudos