Menu
Targa1138
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 not being recognised by TV

Hi All

Just had enough, 50% of the time I switch on my 4K Samsung TV It does not recognise the V6 box, and only way of solving issue is by rebooting V6 box, after which it works fine. In addition Netflix and Amazon only work 50% of time through V6 box. HDMI’s all fine, same issue regardless of wifi or Ethernet. Service just appalling and sick of constant resetting. Any ideas other than switching to Sky? Help please!,

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 not being recognised by TV

Your TV is likely the culprit here, being unable to handshake properly when coming out of standby.

Instead of restarting the V6, try just changing the source on your TV, when this happens, to another HDMI port then back to the one the V6 is connected to. Not physically, just via the Source button on your TV remote.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Targa1138
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Alas have tried this to no avail

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trga1138, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you are having issues with your V6 and TV, does your v6 work in a different tv? Are you having issues with any other device such as a games console or blue ray player?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Some people have reported that switching on the TV before the V6 enables handshaking to be done.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Targa1138
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the feedback, same with other tv’s and other devices link just fine. Will try switching on TV first. To be blunt, shouldn’t have to ‘fudge’ this 

0 Kudos
Buzzer247
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Had something like this a few years ago, it was something to do with the 'Hotel' setting in the Samsung TV.

0 Kudos