Menu
cuddly_mum03
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 no working!

The V6 box was making a constant beeping with all lights on front showing - red red green  red red red red, beeping stops and tv screen shows “Starting up...” The green “on” light on box shows, then screen shows “No signal” and no lights on box. Box then starts beeping and everything repeats. A blue light occasionally shows on V6 display!

The cover of the box on external wall where cables come to house has come away and I was wondering if that was contributing (internal workings damaged?) but we also have two TiVo boxes which have no other problems.

We are having intermittent disruption to broadband connection too.

I have done the remote equipment checks on V.Media and everything shows as having no problems. Could I please have a replacement V6 box as I believe the current one is faulty! It is urgent for me as the box is used in my bedroom and I am partial disabled.

All help/advice would be most welcome.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 no working!

Hello,

Judging by how you are describing the lights this does not sound like a V6 box and instead a TiVo box. The V6 only has 1 light on the front and will never be green.

Have you tried swapping the affected box with another box in your house? If you try that and the box is still not working at a different location then there is an issue with the box.

By the sounds of things it seems like the box is currently stuck in a boot loop. If you unplug the AC Power and HDMI from the back of the box and leave it offline for about 30min, then plug them both back in and see if this helps resolve the issue, it could be the TiVo overheating if it is beeping and restarting.

If neither of these work then it will need to be replaced.

Hope this helps!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
cuddly_mum03
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ooops big apology from me...the faulty box is a TiVo, I got name muddled with the main house box! Unfortunately your suggestions didn’t help but I managed to speak to someone and an engineer is coming out to assess the problems.
Thanks for your help though 👍🏼
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know that an engineer has been arranged for you and please let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos