Menu
Boardsnaker
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 no picture pioneer plasma

Been using V6 for a month and only issue has been powering on sometimes but now I cannot get a picture at all. I can tune in and listen to channels and record but no picture unless by some miracle it decides to let me see something. I've tried cables, reboot, tested with the app, reset entire box, nothing works. The box works fine on another TV but it did work on my old pioneer plasma until a two days ago. It seemed to happen after I tried playing a purchase from prime video?!!

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 no picture pioneer plasma

Hello,

Have you tried changing the HDMI cable and also changing the port in the TV it is connected into? If your V6 is connected in HDMI1, try it in 2 or 3. If you are able to get a picture up I would then suggest changing the Video Output settings on the V6, which you can do by going into Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output.
If your TV is UHD/4K make sure that both 2040p and 1080p options are enabled, if your TV is not UHD/4K make sure just both 1080p options are enabled. You can also do this by plugging your box into a different TV.

Hope this helps!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
Boardsnaker
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks, yes I tried all of the suggestions. It's an old plasma HD ready so only has 2 hdmi, neither work, cables don't effect it, settings don't effect it. It works on a sony4k TV fine. But it did work fine for the first month or so on this plasma TV.  It sometimes displays a picture when you go into on demand or my shows and then back to live TV but not consistently. It really is hit and miss as to whether I can see a picture. 

Thanks for suggestions though 👍

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If the Sony works then it's probably a case that the Pioneer is no longer working. As you say it's old, I've had plasmas for many years which are excellent and the blacks trump all the blacks of LEDs but in the end you just have to move on.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Boardsnaker
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid it may have to go at some point but it's such a nice picture still..

...story develops further, I now have a pattern emerging of how to get a picture. After starting the V6 box I see menus but no TV in preview or main screen (if selected). I then go to on demand and continue watching and play something from the list. At this point the picture still doesn't appear even on the continue watching screen (particularly for HD). I then stop playback and I get a live TV picture in the preview and can switch to live TV. I can now happily change channels. I cannot however view any HD on demand content, only content in SD appears. This doesn't seem like a TV issue to me, more about the HDCP management in the V6 box.... 

0 Kudos