cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 loud fan all day and night, even when in standby.

Neilth
Joining in

I upgraded to a new package including 350 router. I was having trouble getting the sky movie package on my old tv box though it loaded on the other similar box in another part of the house. So they sent me the V6 box to replace it. I installed the box on Sunday but didn’t notice the fan noise until today (Tuesday) though an engineer was next to it sorting out my erratic router with a replacement on Monday.

the fan noise is constant and loud, even when the V6 is in standby! It’s very irritating how do I stop this?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Neilth, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having here - never good to see. It sounds (pardon the pun) as if there might be an issue with the hard drive, it normally is the case when a noise like this is apparent. Have you been able to speak with anyone since your post about this? If not, please do let me know and I can take a look for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Sorted now. I finally managed to talk to someone at Virgin who understood my complaint and booked an engineer who came on Monday morning and swapped out the box for a silent one.

he said it’s not a rare problem