Menu
deehar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

V6 keeps freezing

Hi

Over the last few days, whilst watching live or recorded programmes the box keeps freezing, then the picture comes back so a few seconds, then reboots it's self. 

I've done the usual script of turning off at the mains, waiting etc... The reboot takes forever... but the freeze is becoming more frequent, at least 3 times today,.

Recording capacity is only at 30% 

Time for a new box or is there something that can be done?

Dee.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 keeps freezing

There is the nuclear option of a "reset" - but that will wipe all your recordings and series links etc.

Not much else you can do except do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any splitters/attenuators/etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box.

You probably need VM input - so either wait on here for a day or two or try calling it in - 08.00 is the best time for getting through.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.