cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 issues

Crazybill
Joining in

Hi …experiencing issues with v6 for last 3 or 4 weeks ..picture freezes then you have to restart….restarting suddenly whilst watching live tv….pauses suddenly on recorded programmes then restarts or just freezes and forces you to reboot….all very very frustrating….is it opinion that the box is u/s and if so where best to achieve a positive result as the virgin chat service did not appear to work and I really do not want to spend 30 minutes on mobile going through the motions.

thanx.  Bill

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Crazybill,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your TV boxes, have you checked our service status page here to see if you are affected by any outages presently, if not can you run the diagnostics provided by our website here.

Do let me know how this goes and if you need anything further.

Joe

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the issues are occurring with recorded/delayed programmes, this would suggest a hard drive fault which will mean a replacement V6 via tech visit.

If the box is just randomly rebooting, then there's clearly a fault somewhere and this should be reported.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi joe….have actioned all diagnostics previously and there were no outages and I absolutely believe the box is faulty.the box does appear to be very hot when I have this issue but not sure it that is how it is supposed to work or not.the action is random and it can appear 3 or 4 times a day and some days not at all so it’s not something an engineer can see happening but would suggest a replacement to pacify the wife…regards Bill

Hi @Crazybill 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Both boxes are showing as unreachable at the moment. Please could you put the boxes on for me so we can run fault checks? 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill