Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 issues

Hi everyone,

Before posting this I have done a lot of googling , but to no avail. Recently my V6 box has stopped responding to key presses from my remote. I believe the remote is working as pressing a key gets a response from the V6. The only way I can get the box to work is a hard power down to force a reboot . It works for a time then has the same problem. Can anyone point me in the direction of a troubleshooting guide.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 issues

First thing to try is new batteries in the remote.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roger !

Changed the batteries, checked that these were working on another device before doing so. Same result.

Any more ideas ?

Kindest regards

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you "Re-Paired" it to the box?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-remote-isnt-working

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Davrob1 wrote:

Hi Roger !

Changed the batteries, checked that these were working on another device before doing so. Same result.

Any more ideas ?

Kindest regards

Dave

I'm just double-checking, were the batteries you changed into the remote brand new, or were they older/used ones that had been in another device?

I'd recommend trying new/unused ones, as the RF function is quite power-hungry and just because older batteries work in another device it does not necessarily mean they can still supply enough voltage to successfully transmit the RF in the V6 remote.

(Apologies if what you meant was that you tested new batteries in another device before fitting them in the V6 remote).

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Davrob1,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry this post hasn't been answered sooner, and that you've been having issues with your remote control.

Have you managed to get this resolved with the help of our other forum users or is it still on going?

Drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards, David_Bn

0 Kudos