Menu
tuscans
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V6 image issues on sports channels.

Had a the V6 box since December 2019 and have always noticed on the Sky Sports and BT UHD channels picture problems.  

From the off I have had a thin black streak that flashes across the middle of the screen only on BT UHD. Today I have noticed the screen on both sports channels having an overlap problem where it looks like the image has been cut and not lining up. 

The pictures that look like they don't line up have only appeared today for the first time. I have checked other channels, streamed content and Youtube but this never shows, until I switch back to the sport. HDMI cables have been swapped, all relatively new and future proof, changed video output which didn't do anything during the live football and then reset the box....but later sports content still shows the cut image.

Can someone advise please?

Cheers

( Image 1: halfway line doesn't match up. Image 2: Club crest has a square looking cut over the badge and across the waist of the screen another cut looking image.

Ivirgin crop 1.PNGvirgin crop 3.PNG

0 Kudos
tuscans
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 image issues on sports channels.

Any idea on a possible issue or would a new box change things? I've had problems from day one with the sport channels.
0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It could be the V6 or the tv doing this - you need to change one of them to re-try.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
tuscans
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's definitely not the television, it has only ever appeared on the two sport channels mentioned. Any other channel it's never appeared, any other source like Youtube, Netflix, PS4 etc, never appeared.

Might contact Virgin and ask about a swap.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What are your video output setting on the V6 set to?

0 Kudos
tuscans
Dialled in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Originally set of it to Auto Detect, then switched from 2160p to 1080p only. All 3 still brought up either a sporadic, thin black flashing line ( only on BT UHD ) and then the cut picture on Sky Sports and BT UHD. 

Has only happened on those 2 channels and has never appeared watching tv through the built in Freeview tuner inside the tv. 

0 Kudos
oxfordmark
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What should it be set too on a 4k TV? mines auto.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi oxfordmark, 

I guess everyone has their own ideal setup.

I used to have the video output on my V6 set to 2160p, 2160p 24/25/30fps pass through and 1080p and was happy with the picture.

Around a month ago I noticed a lot of the football on SkySports wasn't as good as before so i adjusted the V6 settings to 2160p only so my TV auto upscales everything else and the Sky Sports picture improved.

The picture quality may also depend on your actual TV settings.  My TV has various modes and I generally switch between the Sport or Cinema modes depending on the programs I am watching.

It might also be worth checking the TV settings on your HDMI slots. Mine give me the options of regular or enhanced.I have enhanced switched on for my V6, Firestick and X96 android box.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tuscans
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Today receiving an intermittent, thin, flashing black line across the screen only appearing on the last 2 football matches broadcast on BT UHD. Hasn't stopped since December and another member has posted abut it here.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I find the best options are to tick the two 2160p options and also 1080p.

@oxfordmark wrote:
What should it be set too on a 4k TV? mines auto.

0 Kudos