Menu
simonwalters70
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V6 hdmi stopped sync with TV overnight

Hi, I've had a v6 approx 3 years, with no problems, worked perfectly. Now overnight something went wrong. I came to turn it on in the morning and it didn't automatically come on the TV, I had to select the correct source on the TV to get it to work. At first I thought it might be my TV so I  checked firmware was up to date and it was, rebooted the TV, tried switching other devices ( soundbar, dvd, Nintendo switch) around with the hdmi  socket the v6 was using, and different hdmi cables and all other devices work correctly with the TV when turning on, and the TV goes to the last used hdmi socket. Only the v6 doesn't. Phillips 4k TV only just over a year old and its not its sockets, other devices etc. Also getting an intermitant white noise pic thing and crackle for 3 or 4 secs very occasionally on turning on the box. Done numerous reboots and a full delete everything, the one that takes up to an hour but still the same. Oddly this deleted all shows and planned recordings but saved my app favourites so can't be a full reset. Can a proper reset  be done remotely from your end. Seems like the hdmi socket is faulty on the v6 or it did a dodgy update overnight which has messed it up. Box seems to work OK once the source is selected, but must be a handshake communication issue between the box and TV, odd it was working fine at night and then in the morning wasn't. Been like this about 5 days now, I thought it might correct itself overnight again but no luck and reboots, reset didn't change anything. Annoying and my wife and son don't get why they've suddenly got to use the TV remote as we've never had to before! 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 hdmi stopped sync with TV overnight

Hello simonwalters70

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that the V6 box has decided to break 

I can get an engineer out to replace this for you 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 hdmi stopped sync with TV overnight

Hello simonwalters70

Thanks for letting us know the box swap fixed this issue 

If you need anything else please let us know