Menu
lily2511
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 has detected a serious problem

Our V6 Box seems to be broken, it seems to be going round in circles it displays the message "the DVR has detected a serious problem and will attempt to fix, this could take up to three hours", we leave it on overnight, but still it doesn't start up, after each three hour repair attempt it displays the same error message above. We have had this problem for a few days now. I haven’t managed to get through to anyone for help. Please advise, thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 has detected a serious problem

A quick search on the forum for "DVR serious problem" and it looks like this is usually a terminal issue and you need a new V6 box.  See example of the same issue here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/DVR-detected-serious-problem-not-fixing-over-24-hours...

If you can't get through to them on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.

You can wait here for a response from the forum team but it may also take a few days.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lily2511,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Disappointing to hear that you're having issue with our V6 box. We appreciate the inconvenience of this happening especially in these difficult times.

Due to the error you are getting on your box we would need to look in to this further for you and get this checked out.

I am going to pop you over a private message so I can look in to this further for you. Plea click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

lily2511
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi can we arrange a suitable time to chat please we have had no tv for almost a week thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@lily2511 wrote:

Hi can we arrange a suitable time to chat please we have had no tv for almost a week thanks

@lily2511 Did you get a PM from @Jodi_S and have you replied to it?  There isn't a specific chat time you just send PMs back and forth, like emails rather than a real time online chat.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

lily2511
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No I don’t see a pm from @Jodi_S where would it show? She said to click a purple envelope to accept but I don’t see one. I’m a newbie to this so I am probably just being thick and missing something thanks

0 Kudos
Ian_41
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Click on my name and private message me and I will sort this for you ASAP

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@lily2511 wrote:

No I don’t see a pm from @Jodi_S where would it show? She said to click a purple envelope to accept but I don’t see one. I’m a newbie to this so I am probably just being thick and missing something thanks

The purple envelope is in the top right hand corner of all forums screens when you are signed in, to the right of the bell icon that shows when you have notifications.  If you still can't see it try this link:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hopefully you have sent @Ian_41 a message and he is able to arrange a new v6 box for you.

lily2511
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help a new box is being sent out.