Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 hard drive failure. How do I get a new one?

My v6 box started to play up last night with play back of a recorded program stuttering and freezing. Then this morning it froze when coming on, then the green critical fault message, left it as requested for three hours it went through many reboots but nothing better. Tried a couple of reboots disconnection of power but now still won’t boot pass welcome screen. An hour on hold (twice) to sort and so now I turn to the forum. 
someone (virgin) please contact to resolve. 
thank you. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 hard drive failure. How do I get a new one?

VM staff do respond to posts here, but they're currently taking around a week.

You can also try the text message service (07533 051809) but it's not a real-time service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Japitts 

I saw you post that number on another post so already tried that earlier. Shame virgin media don’t work as quick to resolve problems as they do to bill you.....That part of the business never seems to breakdown! You watch how quickly they get touch if you don’t pay. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If its the "green screen of death" its a HD failure - easy diagnosis and a straight swap. Even if not, call it in - 08.00 is the best time to get straight through - several reports on the fora yesterday where that worked.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos