cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 hard drive failing, apparently support don't realise that hard drives fail

angieV
Joining in

Recording/playback from my ancient V6 hard drive is failing, sporadic digitizing of image and lock-ups. Tried getting a new box but apparently support doesn't realise that hard drives fail. Stuck with failing hard drive despite 1 hour 51 minutes on phone to 5 different people. Now waiting to waste the time of a technician who is going to watch lots of programs with me until we find a dodgy part of a recording.

great stuff VM, been with you since Telewest 1991 and this is the knowledge you have. 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi angieV, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies to hear you were forced to upgrade. 

A forced update would only happen if you've agreed a new deal/package with the team and this included 360. There is only so much time that can be allowed for the update to take place otherwise it invalidates the package. 

Since upgrading to the 360 service, are you having any issues with the box?

Let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok,

I agreed to the 360 as I stupidly thought I was getting a new box.

Problems?

The numbers 4 and 7 don't work on the remote so I cannot watch :

• the womens England/Belgium game (started BEFORE the watershed, but is locked due to content!)
  • the NFL game from Monday as it started at around 11PM
  • Have I Got News For You, as it was after the watershed.

And guess what..... my passcode needs the 4

The remote has no STOP button to stop playback of recordings.

The remote has a microphone button which you have to press to say something, if you can remember what to say, BUT NOT ONLY THAT, but while holding the remote you could PRESS THE BUTTON ON THE REMOTE that does the same crap you had to say.

It has no direct button to my recordings, it is now a minimum of 6 presses.

Everything is in a different place so guess what, just like when Microsoft upgrades it's O/S and moves everything around, it wastes my time re-learning what I ALREADY KNEW.

Seriously is this what VM calls an update? We just took a huge step backwards.

Last month they 'updated' my modem for the telephone. Before, if my phone went down, I could contact VM via the internet. If my internet went down I could contact VM by landline. Now if the cable goes down then I'm stuffed. Well done brain dead planners. Heaven forbid I have a house fire while my VM is down as it is EVERYTHING going down.

Give me my V6 box back arrogant VM techs.

I'm so sorry to hear that the remote is not working @angieV 

Have you been able to order a new one at all online here

A new one is in the post but now the same issue that started all this has shown itself again with the recordings being corrupt and throwing an error. So the 'upgrade' has actually made the issue worse. With the V6 software the pisture may have locked for a couple of seconds, but now it stops the recording and throws an error message. As I said, a couple of steps backwards, and despite the [wonderful knowledgable] technical staff, upgrading DOESN'T FIX HDDs, just as I told them. Do they know anything ??????

Of course I'm still having problems with the box! The software 'upgrade' CANNOT FIX A HDD. What is so difficult to understand there? But now, at least the playback stops COMPLETELY and throws an error code telling me the recording can't be played (that was sarcasm)..... Honestly, I already knew that which is where I came in. Has VM got ANYONE who actually understands technology?

Hi angieV, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear the issues are continuing. 

I think the best way to progress here would be to get an engineer out to take a look at things. They'll be able to check the box over and then go from there. If a replacement is needed, they can do this on the visit too.  

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

In 34 years I have had less issues than I have had in the past 2 weeks.

Here's a list of errors I've collected:

CS2214 NFL recording stutters and locks at 1 hour 4 minutes

CS2214 Soldier S1E05 locks up midway

CS2217 George Gently S5 E01 recording will not start to play

CS2217 Film Marthas Vineyard recording will not start to play

CS2217 Film Eye for an eye recording will not start to play

CS2217 Formula 1 recording will not start to play

CS2200 Repair shop S7E38 from catch up will not play

CS2518 Ch5 catch up will not play

CS2518 Blaze catch up will not play

CS2318 Boxset Signora Volpe S1E01 will not play

CS2318 Boxset Al Murray - India episode will not play

CS2318 Boxset FBI Most Wanted S4E01 will not play

So if anyone is thinking about getting or upgrading to TV360 DON'T. The software is rubbish, it does not appear compatible with a V6 box, Virgin Media support IS USELESS and they have no idea how their own technology works. They force you to upgrade using misrepresentation, and they lie.

Oh and I forgot to mention the 2nd remote finally arrived after yet another week and the UP button doesn't work, so moving up one line in the guide doesn't work properly.

Hi angieV, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 🤩

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here 👉 My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. Please note it can take up to 24 hours to show but you should also receive a text message with the details. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• ➡ The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • ➡ The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
  • ➡ The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the appointment goes. 😊

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team