Menu
Nuttersrus1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 green screen DVR serious problem

My TV keeps showing the message that my DVR has a serious problem on a green screen. This first happened in October but it fixed itself although recordings of shows have often paused themselves recently for no reason. 

It now just keeps looping through restarting and the green screen. Looking at previous posts it's obvious I need a new box. I've booked an engineer for Weds pm but it must be easier just to send me a new box?

0 Kudos
Nuttersrus1
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 green screen DVR serious problem

20211218_161708.jpg

 forgot to add photo in original post!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The green "DVR has detected an error" screen means your V6's hard drive has failed and your box will need replacing - as you've already surmised. Your previous symptoms are all indicative of a failing drive - once this has happened once, any recovery is only ever temporary as you've found.

If you've reported the problem and VM have arranged a tech visit, then you've done all the right things. The tech should have a replacement box with them, and will take your failed box away with them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nuttersrus1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with the set top box. As Japitts already advised - the box itself will need replacing however there has been a number of delivery delays lately. Chances are the diagnostic checks have shown that something else needs checking, such as power levels or input levels so offered an engineer visit instead. 

Being honest, with the way delays are currently, it's probably the quicker option too. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything further - let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos